Last updated on February 20th, 2019 at 11:57 am
Many businesses are beginning to realize the importance of employee engagement. In 2017, 88% of businesses aimed to improve employee engagement, according to a Virgin Pulse survey. Most firms use traditional email lists for internal communication, which leave a majority of employees feeling dissatisfied and unheard. Many companies are now switching to smarter engagement software solutions to facilitate communication with employees in the right place and at the right time. Switching to a targeted communication strategy can drive engagement and productivity in several ways:
- Leverage relevant communication channels: Targeted communication allows administrators to communicate with employees through a variety of communication channels beyond traditional email, including desktop notification, text message, and push notification, which ensures that users receive the message no matter where they are.
- Effectively communicate organizational changes: Ensure certain employees know about a new site, feature, or page to guarantee a smooth transition and avoid disruptions to productivity. Target users still using old platforms to remind them to make the switch.
- Get prompt feedback: Targeted communication allows administrators to receive time-critical feedback on any aspect of their business by simply asking the relevant employees through surveys or polls. This two-way communication enables businesses to quickly and effectively respond to employees’ concerns and thus increase their satisfaction and engagement.
- Encourage participation: Engagement software makes it easy to notify the appropriate people or groups within an organization of an upcoming event or activity through the relevant channel, encouraging participation in and out of the office, in addition to the digital workplace.
In short, targeted communication ensures that important messages get to the right users at the right time, enabling businesses to better engage employees. Solutions like CardioLog Engage provide all the tools you need for effective targeted communication:
- Tailored audience: CardioLog Engage allows you to target communication based on attributes like role, department, and even location. This ensures users receive more relevant communications and keeps them engaged.
- Numerous communication channels: CardioLog Engage supports a wide variety of communication channels including email, texting, calling, and push and desktop notifications so you can be sure that users will get the message where they are most likely to see it.
- Custom triggers: It’s easy to set up custom triggers based on user behavior, which can be applied to a wide variety of situations. For example, you can send a message to anyone who goes to an old page you’ve migrated to let them know that the page has moved. Alternatively, messages can be scheduled to be sent automatically at the optimal time to ensure maximum visibility.
- Bidirectional communication: Unlike mass email lists, users are able to respond to your message to provide valuable feedback. For example, you can send out a message to employees using a new page to ask them if they found the page helpful.
- Campaign performance analysis: CardioLog Engage gives you valuable insight on the performance of your message, including how many users saw the message and interacted with it, so you can learn the best strategy for reaching your employees.
CardioLog Engage has already helped thousands of businesses engage their employees through the power of targeted communication. See what it can do for your business here.